Type of Need
Is this position for internal applicants only?
Internal and External Applicants
Job Description (Do of the Job)
Hughes has an exciting position for a CCIE Certified Network Architect . This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)
- Set strategy, provide leadership, plan and execute large implementations, and continue the ongoing improvement of the overall processes within the departmental group.
- Provide direction in the areas of departmental establishment and maintenance of site attribute data for use within multiple business groups and service providers.
- Helping to improve business processes and product lines, and driving standardization and consistency related to both systems and processes. .
**Off hours escalations are expected as this position supports a 24/7/365 operations environment supplying communications across the United States
- CCIE certification is a must. Experience in Security devices such as firewalls is a plus
- A history of solid communication skills, both within the systems groups and in interacting with business groups is necessary
- Candidate will be expected to not only help design new routing LAN and WAN architectures, but be an escalation point for the day to day infrastructure staff during troubleshooting and deployment activities. This position will also involve considerable communication with customers, engineering staff within Hughes, and the daily operations staff.
- Candidate should have a strong work ethic, be able to self motivate, and be willing to be hands on.
15% or less
Hughes Network Systems wrote the book on satellite data and Internet access network services. The pioneering company is a leading provider...