CDL A DRIVERS with Air Brake Endorsement
Work Monday through Friday and be home every night!
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA
APPLY VIA THIS CAREERBUILDER SITE
We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members. Work Monday through Friday and be home every night!
We need CDL A Drivers to grow our business. This position is responsible for driving trucks to customer jobsites on time, helping to unload materials from truck to customers' roof, ensuring product on truck matches purchase orders, assisting warehouse personnel in properly loading trucks. This is a very physical position that requires the driver to help in loading and unloading bundles of shingles that weigh from 80lbs to 100lbs each, on a continuous basis.
Specific duties for the Driver on a daily basis include:
- BE SAFE
- Perform pre-trip inspection by reviewing the prior day’s DOT post-inspection report
- Check all inventory on truck against purchase orders and sign-off on pick ticket
- Confirm addresses on ticket and ensuring that any needed directions are obtained
- Make sure load is properly and safely tied down
- Safely drive crane truck in compliance with all DOT regulations
- Conduct a site inspection to note any existing damage to lawn or driveway, where power lines are, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences etc.
- Return all paperwork and collected monies to Assistant Manager after every return trip to Branch Office
- Perform documented post-inspection, per DOT, on truck and provide copy to Manager
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS
- Competitive salaries for all team members
- Medical & Dental Benefits after 90 days employment available
- Life insurance is company paid and STD and LTD as well as additional life are voluntary benefits available to you.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan after 90 days of service with matching dollars
- Vacation benefits
- Work Monday through Friday and be home every night!
- Three paid time-off days after one year of service
- Seven (7) paid holidays annually
- Safety program
- We pay weekly too!
- 21 years of age and one year of driving experience to qualify for the position
- CDL Class A license with air brake endorsement and no more than 2 moving violations or accidents, within the last 3 years, no license suspensions within the last 5 years (for driving related reasons)
- No DUI or DWI on record in the last five years – NO EXCEPTIONS- and if hired, receiving a DUI or DWI is NOT acceptable while employed.
- High school degree or equivalent work experience
- Substance Abuse and Testing Policy Applicable to CDL Drivers as Mandated by FMCSA
- Applicant must submit to pre-employment drug screen (DOT federally regulated) and must meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check to work for us.
- Only completed applications will be presented for employment verification
- Conveyor experience is a plus
When applying for this position bring with you the following information:
Work history and references for the last three years
1. Name of company
- All employment information is to include:
2. Address: city, state and zip code
3. Contact person's phone number and fax number
4. Dates of employment must include month, day and year
5. Reasons for termination and whether you are eligible for rehire and if you were required to submit to substance abuse and testing policies applicable to CDL and set forth by FMCSA Clear MVR
- Current Medical Card
- I9 Documents for verification to work in the U.S. (Such as, Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport, etc.) A full list can be found online.
- 14 months ago - save job
SRS Distribution Inc. is a wholesale roofing products distributor, with coast to coast operations in the United States. SRS is a portfolio...