SOUTHERN SHINGLES AUSTIN
NOW HIRING CDL A & B DRIVERS with Conveyor Experience
1809 Central Commerce Ct
Round Rock , TX 78664
At SOUTHERN SHINGLES, AUSTIN, we are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members.
SOUTHERN SHINGLES, a wholesale distributor of roofing materials, needs CDL A or B Drivers with Crane or Conveyor truck experience.
This position is responsible for driving trucks to customer jobsites on time, helping to unload materials from truck to customers' roof, ensuring product on truck matches purchase orders, assisting warehouse personnel in properly loading trucks. This is a very physical position that requires the driver to help in loading and unloading bundles of shingles that weigh from 80 to 100 lbs each on a continuous basis.
Work Monday through Friday and be home every night!
Specific duties for the driver include:
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:
- Performing pre-trip inspection by reviewing the prior day’s DOT post-inspection report;
- checking all inventory on truck against purchase orders and sign-off on pick ticket;
- confirming addresses on ticket and ensuring that any needed directions are obtained; making sure load is properly and safely tied down;
- safely drive crane truck in compliance with all DOT regulations;
- conducting a site inspection to note any existing damage to lawn or driveway, where power lines are, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences etc.;
- returning all paperwork and collected monies to Assistant Manager after every return trip to branch and then;
- performing documented post-inspection, per DOT, on truck and provide copy to manager.
Competitive salaries for all team members
- Medical & Dental Benefits after 90 days employment available
- Life insurance is company paid and STD and LTD as well as additional life are voluntary benefits available to you.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan after 90 days of service with matching dollars
- Vacation benefits
- Three paid time-off days after one year of service
- Seven (7) paid holidays annually
- Safety program
- and, we pay weekly too!
When applying for this position bring with you the following information:
- High school degree or equivalent work experience and Crane or Conveyor experience is a must!
- 21 years of age and one year of driving experience to qualify for the position
- CDL Class A or B license with no more than 2 moving violations or accidents
- Within the last 3 years, no license suspensions within the last 5 years (for driving related reasons)
- DUI or DWI on record in the last five years is NOT acceptable - No exceptions and if hired receiving a DUI or DWI is NOT acceptable while employed.
- Substance Abuse and Testing Policy Applicable to CDL Drivers as Mandated by FMCSA
- Applicant must submit to pre employment drug screen (DOT federally regulated) and must meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check to work for Southern Shingles.
- Only Completed applications will be presented for employment verification.
Work history and references for the last three years:
- All employment information is to include name of company, address,city, state and zip code as well as a contact person's phone number and fax numbers.
- Dates of employment to include Month, Day and Year, reasons for termination and whether you are eligible for rehire and if you were required to submit to substance abuse an testing policies applicable to CDL and set forth by FMCSA
- Verificaton of Social Security number
- Clear MVR
- Current Medical Card