CDL Driver & Phlebotomist
The American Red Cross is committed to providing relief and hope to millions of people around the world every day. As one of the nation's leading nonprofit organizations, we attract talented, motivated and enthusiastic people who make our mission to save lives a reality. If you're looking for an opportunity to help save lives every day, we invite you to join the American Red Cross Blood Services as a CDL Driver & Phlebotomist.
In this position, you will use your driving experience to drive Red Cross Trucks, Bloodmobiles and buses to blood drives throughout Texas. You will also learn how to draw blood from donors and complete donor health histories.
SCHEDULE: This position includes a VARIED WORK SCHEDULE that can include weekends, holidays and varied days and hours (start times as early as 3 AM, end times as late as 12 midnight). The position also requires occasional overnight travel (paid for by the American Red Cross) throughout the state of Texas & southern Oklahoma.
TRAINING: This position includes a 90 day paid training program in TULSA, OK. Travel, hotel and meal stipends paid for by the Red Cross. Schedule during training is VARIED. No absences or time off can be accommodated during this time.
PAY: $13 per hour, excellent benefits
We are looking for candidates who are interested in a long term career with the American Red Cross.
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Perform whole blood collection procedures (allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic). Performs donor health history screening procedures.
3. Perform drive set-up, donor greeting, collection set labeling, processing and packing blood, and donor reaction care as assigned.
4. Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
5. Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
6. May operate any ARC vehicle. Operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. May perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol. Perform vehicle loading and unloading as assigned.
7. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
8. Perform other related duties as necessary.
When you join the Red Cross, you will enjoy many rewards including competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, opportunity for advancement and the gratification of making a real difference. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, well-qualified women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
American Red Cross - 13 months ago
A specialist in dealing with events beyond its control, The American National Red Cross offers disaster relief, shelter, and other...