The CDL driver will operate tractor trailers as well as load and off-load trailers. Drivers may have to interact with customers and must follow our company General Manufacturing Practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Comply with DOT and company operating standards.
- Load and unload trucks and secure product in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintain truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
- Driver is responsible for making sure the trailer is sealed and he has the correct BOL .
- Keeps trucks and trailers clean at all times.
- Record driver daily log sheets.
- Always on time and courteous to our customers.
- If needed, will run the blow mold machines
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Drivers must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a licensed driver and a good driving record over the last 3 years.
- A driver must also have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- CDL License
- Current OSHA forklift driving certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
Our Competitive and Comprehensive Benefits include:
Come join our growing family today and apply with us!
- Choice of Medical Plans-choose the coverage that is right for you and your family
- Dental Plan-provides Orthodontic coverage to dependent children
- Voluntary Vision Program-allows the purchase of glasses and contacts every year rather than every two years like most plans!
- Employee Assistance Program-5 free counseling visits; Financial & Legal Assistance
- Education Reimbursement-up to $5,250 annually!
- 401k Savings Plan with a company match
Consolidated Container Company - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
If you want to make a big deal out of it, chances are Bain Capital will get involved. The private equity and venture capital investor...