CDL Driver/Service Techinician
Community Surgical Supply is one of the largest independently owned homecare companies in the midatlantic and northeast region, aggressively looking to increase marketshare throughout the country. As a premiere homecare provider, we adhere to the highest standards of excellence both for our employees as well as for our patients.
We are an organization that is proud of the reputation it has acquired as being "a good place to work", a place where friendliness and fairness prevail. We want you to feel that you are a part of a company whose success depends on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the people who function in harmony as a team. We encourage independent thinking on a team level to help develop fresh ideas to achieve organizational goals.
As a CDL Driver/Service Technician with Community, you will:
- Responsible for delivering home medical equipment, supplies and oxygen to patient locations.
- Complete inspection of all equipment for proper operation, assembly, cleanliness before delivery.
- Train and educate patient as to the proper and safe use of all equipment delivered.
- Insures that all paperwork related to the deliveries is complete, organized, accurate and submitted in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Be familiar with the required maintenance and care of the company vehicle, as well as adhering to all traffic laws and vehicle safety measures.
- Participate in company on-call program.
- Maintain a professional courteous attitude with all contacts, and maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Valid CDL with Hazmat endorsement required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment. Clean driving record.
- Must possess good people skills and work independently.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and neat in person and habits.
- Scheduled work hours for this position are 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job entails possible occasional exposure to body fluids which can contain blood-borne pathogens. This position may entail possible exposure to hazardous material including liquid or gaseous oxygen.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force, and/or a significant amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Community Surgical Supply conducts drug, background and motor vehicle checks in our hiring practices.
Community Surgical Supply recruits and retains talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Community Surgical Supply is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EEO/AAE
Community Surgical participates in E-VERIFY