The Central Dispatch Support Clerk is responsible for providing support to Central Dispatch by answering phones, responding to the needs of callers, and entering information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
· Receives phone calls on breakdowns from drivers.
· Receives calls from Guaranteed Services and provides information regarding flow and scheduling.
· Relays information to Purchase Drivers.
· Enters information into the system.
· Provides back up support to Central Dispatch Coordinators and Central Dispatchers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Knowledge or work experience in transportation industry preferred.
· Superior customer relation skills required.
· Excellent verbal communication skills required.
· Exceptional organization skills necessary.
· Able to work in a fast paced environment required.
· Foresight to completely understand the results of decisions on the big picture.
· Ability to operate a personal computer and related software required.
Southeastern Freight Lines
- 3 years ago - save job
Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Southeastern Freight Lines hauls freight throughout the southern US with a fleet of about 2,000 tractors...