The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the State of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
CERTIFICATIONS PROGRAM MANAGER
(Civil Rights Program Manager)
Work Location: 1135 N. 22nd,, Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
Position Description: The general purpose of this position is to provide overall administration and supervision of the Civil Rights Certification and Vendor Registration Programs which includes registration of all businesses that conduct business with ADOT, as well as Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise firms to ensure ADOT's continued eligibility to receive federal funds for transportation projects. This position plays a vital role in evaluating, conducting site visits and certifying the eligibility of potentially thousands of disadvantaged and small business statewide to participate in contracting opportunities in support of the statewide transportation program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Federal civil rights regulations.
- Program management and administration.
- Cultures of minority and disadvantaged groups.
- Business and accounting principles
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communications skills.
- Problem solving.
- Computer systems, online applications and databases
- Public speaking.
- Supervising employees
Ideal Candidate: Five years of professional experience in civil rights, affirmative action, equal opportunity, or related programs as appropriate to the assignment.
- Develop, implement, and manage civil rights programs.
- Effectively communicate with diverse range of individuals including agency leadership, public officials, agency personnel, contractors, consultants, subcontractors, sub-recipients, and general public.
- Analyze facts, interpret laws and regulations, and draw logical conclusions.
- Effective presentation to diverse groups.
- Analyze financial statements
- Implement online systems
- Develop relationships in the transportation industry with Agency Partners, small and disadvantaged businesses.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
You must apply on line no later than the close date or first review date of the job announcement at 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time. You will not be able to apply after the close date/time because job posting are removed from the job board at that time, unless otherwise specified.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 20 months ago