High school diploma or equivalent is required
Experience is required
Performs various direct patient care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides quality nursing care to residents. Assists
residents with the activities of daily living as specified on individualized resident care plans and assignment sheets according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the facility.
1. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Must be currently certified as a C.N.A. or enrolling in the facility C.N.A. training course.
3. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
4. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and general public.
5. Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with other department personnel.
6. Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
7. Must posses the ability to plan and develop new programs.
8. Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
9. Must be able to relate information concerning resident's condition.
10. No experience is necessary.
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
2. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
3. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of the position can be full met.
4. Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies and outside agencies.
5. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
6. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS
This position is a Category I position. Tasks may involve exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Gloves should be worn for any contact with blood or body fluids/tissue. Gowns and masks or eye coverings may be needed if it is likely that soiling of clothing or splattering of blood may occur.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO WORKPLACE VIOLENCE: Category 4 - HIGH RISK
Tasks that have a high possibility of coming into contact with a violent person or situation but employment may require performing unplanned category 4 tasks. The normal work routine involves a very high possibility of coming into contact with a violent person or situation at least once per shift, if not more often however, contact or potential contact at some time may be required as a condition of employment.
1. Frequent exposure to blood/body fluids as required to perform personal care for residents.
2. Sits, stands, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
3. Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary, as well as in other positions as needed.
4. May work flexible hours.
5. Is subject to frequent interruptions.
6. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The C.N.A. is accountable to the Staff Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF: Certified Nursing Assistant
1. To know and follow all rules of State/Federal guidelines and Provena Sacred Heart Home policies. Any and all violations of above will be reported to your supervisor.
2. To accurately and completely document care given to the resident during your shift. These forms include, but are not limited to, restraint record, intake and output sheets, resident care record, appetite record, and turn sheets.
3. Provides direct hands on care such as bathing, dressing, feeding residents or preparing trays, hair care, mouth care, nail care, positioning of residents, properly applying appliances (glasses, hearing aides, etc.)
4. Takes blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, heights, and weights as assigned.
5. Cares for incontinent residents and cleans them appropriately.
6. Gives backrubs and sees that residents skin is well cared for.
7. Assist the nurse when performing treatments, assessments, etc.
8. Assist in caring for the critically ill or dying resident.
9. Performs care of the resident after death.
10. Reports all observations regarding the resident promptly to the nurse.
11. Answers call lights promptly and responds to resident's request quickly.
12. Participates on various committees as requested or desires.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information.
14. Provides all care in privacy and protects the dignity of all residents.
15. Follows Service Excellence philosophy in daily work.
16. Receives report before starting work and gives report before leaving.
17. Makes rounds on all residents as assigned by supervisor to see to resident care and comfort at least every two (2) hours if not more frequently.
18. Completes 12 hours of inservice training per year to maintain certification.
19. Works well with others, fostering a team approach to resident care.
20. Is able to work well under pressure.
21. Accepts and adapts to the changing environment of the department and long term care industry.
22. Represents the nursing department in a positive light.
23. Willing to work on any unit and shift as the need arises and does so graciously.
24. Treats all residents with kindness and respect.
25. Maintains confidentiality of resident and department information.
26. Performs all other duties as assigned to ensure the health, safety and well being of the residents and to ensure the efficient running of the health facility.
1. Maintains a neat, well-groomed appearance and adheres to the dress code of the position.
2. Complies with Infection Control guidelines and follows Standard Precautions and isolation procedures per written policy of the facility.
3. This position may be flexible in number of hours worked. First shift C.N.A.'s will work 6:30 am - 3:00 p.m.; Second shift C.N.A.'s will work 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm; Third shift C.N.A.'s will work 10:30 pm - 7:00 am. This job includes every other weekend and every other holiday unless status is on call or in house pool.
Presence Health - 2 years ago