High school diploma or equivalent is required
Experience is preferred
Provides quality nursing care to patient/residents. Assists patient/residents with the activities of daily living as assigned, according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the ministry.
1. Minimum high school diploma or GED preferred.
2. Certified as a CNA in the state of Illinois/Indiana or able to be certified within 120 days.
3. Certified in CPR.
4. Ability to express or exchange spoken and/or written ideas in English with patient/residents, co-workers, families, and the public.
5. Ability to learn and use current technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Performs and documents patients/resident care delivery as specified on care plan, individualized assignments, bath schedules, nutrition, ambulation schedules, etc.
2. Monitors and meets patient/resident needs consistent with nursing procedures such as bathing, transferring, eating assistance, passing ice water, etc.
3. Observes and reports physical and/or behavioral changes in patient/residents promptly, accurately and precisely.
4. Properly uses and cares for equipment and supplies.
5. Works cooperatively and productively with co-workers.
6. Assists with orientation and ongoing mentoring of peers
7. Responds rapidly and appropriately to emergencies.
8. Assists in orienting patients/residents to the ministry environment and routines upon admission and as needed throughout their stay.
9. Accountable for obtaining and communicating current patients/residents condition/needs on assigned patients/residents through shift report.
10. Answers all call lights and patients/resident requests in a timely manner.
11. Maintains neatness, orderliness, and cleanliness of patients/residents care areas, equipment, and nursing unit, as assigned.
12. Assists in maintaining unit/department budget through appropriate monitoring/usage of unit and patient supplies. Ensures work is completed within the shift and utilizes break and meal times as required by facility policy. Reports discrepancies to nurse leaders.
13. Other duties as assigned by DON, ADON, or the nurse leader.