Under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff, provides direct patient care to assigned patients to assure patient comfort, safety and hygiene needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assists patients with basic patient care related tasks, including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, feeding, transferring, ambulating, transporting and making beds.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, patient rooms, and other areas as assigned.
- Measures and records vital signs to include blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, glucometer, oxygen saturation, weight intake and output, and food consumption.
- Reports on patient's status changes or requests to licensed nursing staff as observed during rounding, and answering the call lights.
- Documents patient care information per policies and procedures in the medical record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate patient's status and care issues to Licensed Nursing Staff.
- Ability to verbally communicate with patients, families, the public and other staff of the department.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 year Healthcare/Medical Nurse Assistant Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Cardiac Pulm Resuscitation