GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
- Apply advanced flow and heat transfer technology, including design tools and processes, in order to meet the technical and competitive challenges of GE turbomachinery products.
- Perform CFD calculations on complex geometries to understand detailed flow physics, leading to improved turbine design life
- Develop Structured and Unstructured meshes for CFD analysis of turbomachinery problems
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related disciplines with at least 3 years of related experience
- Extensive background in meshing of complex components, including both structured and unstructured techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of 3D CFD for solving complex flowfields
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Five years of experience in turbomachinery related engineering.
- Experience in numerical methods application and development for computational geometry and/or meshing
- Strong interest in CAD modeling
- Experience with FLUENT, CFX, CHARLES, ICEM, and GridPro
- Superb communication skills.
- Strong publication record in the gas turbine heat transfer community.
- Excellent work ethic, and able to work well with broad and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated dedication to completing jobs on time and on budget.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...