CFM Defect Engineer
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide accurate defect related analysis relating to efforts to implement advanced technology nodes in Malta to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ technology roadmap requirements. Optimization of throughput and tool utilization for manufacturability in preparation for the eventual transfer to mass production in GF 300mm facilities is the final goal.
· Formulate effective inline inspection strategy & methodology to support advanced technology development activities.
· Drive continuous improvement to streamline CFM workflow on inline defect detection efficiency and defect monitoring.
· Establish DOIs defect characterization techniques and drive inline CFM recipes optimization and innovation to meet defect capture rate and nuisance rate requirements.
· Drive equipment vendors to improve or optimized applications for development requirements
· Define and maintain relevant defect matrixes for product performance, reliability, yield, and breakeven utilization targets for cost optimization.
· Design, execute and analyze partition studies to evaluate process results or equipment baseline performances with a view to achieve industry competitive standards.
· Serve as a technical leader for defect metrology for collaboration with other GF 300mm facilities or within the alliances and support tool selection strategies in emerging facilities for inspection equipment and software solutions
· Provide effective leadership and mentorship for defect technicians executing defect scans or data reviews in support of the program.
· Required hands-on for day to day review of information, evaluation of defect monitoring strategies and understanding of defect mechanisms with the mindset of making a difference.
· Required to work in a clean-room environment to supervise, execute or oversee activities.
· BS degree with 6 years experience; MS degree with a minimum of 5 years experience; PHD with 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields.
· An advanced technical degree and/or a proven record in an industry leader is strongly preferred.
· Possess strong communication skills with the ability to develop strong inter-personnel relationship.
· Some international travel (duration: 3-6 months) would be required
· Candidates for this position are expected to work in a rotating shift system including some night coverage
· Experience with bright field and dark field inspection tools including tool maintenance and recipe development. Familiarize with KT defect scan and HMI e-beam scan tools are strongly desired
· Working experience in CMOS process and process module/equipment (200mm/300mm) are strongly desired
· Experience working with vendor in equipment procurement is highly desired
· Working knowledge in SPC or DOE methodology is preferred
· Prior employment in a vendor specializing in defect tool applications would have a strong advantage
· Knowledge of JMP/Klarity Defect software platforms
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).