Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont (
), is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for a potential Strengthening Tenure and Resource Rights program. This program will create, expand, and communicate the results of evidence-based knowledge around best land tenure and property rights practices in order to enhance internal USAID and external USG learning, guide program design and implementation, and make the most effective use of limited development resources to accomplish key USG development objectives. This will be a full time position, based in Arlington, VA.
include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall strategy, and serve as principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech ARD, and other partners;
- Provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the project, including evaluation, communications, and facilitation;
- Coordinating and assuming the role of official spokesperson of project activities with donor, host country government(s) and local counterparts, and other collaborating institutions and agencies;
- Oversee multiple program areas simultaneously (including land inventory, customary, formal, and informal modes of tenure, public outreach on land rights and dispute resolution issues, monitoring and evaluation, among others);
- Lead all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program;
- Supervising project start up and close out activities and seeing that equipment, local personnel, and project files are dealt with in accordance with donor and Tetra Tech ARD policies and regulations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in land-tenure related social science, or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing and managing complex projects that address customary land tenure systems; land use and environmental planning; gender issues in land tenure and property rights; community based adjudication of land disputes; rangeland management; public outreach on land rights issues; and land allocation and land use in sensitive ecological zones as well as considerable field experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of pastoral/grazing issues, customary law environments and how customary law impacts land use in rural areas;
- Prior COP experience on USAID projects preferred, with a good understanding and knowledge of USG regulations, administration, management, reporting of procedures and systems;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills;
- Very strong interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills, and demonstrable intercultural skills gained through long-term fieldwork and issues of regional diversity;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
- Fluency in a language other than English; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis by December 14, 2012
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARD, Inc. - 13 months ago