JOB ID 63825
In accordance with the needs of the ages of the population served by Kennedy Krieger Institute, the Child Development Teacher Aide will be primarily responsible for caring for children while parents engage in meaningful activities while they are in the Early Head Start Center. Responsible for helping Teachers ensure that the child care space is conducive to quality parent/child interaction, that parents feel comfortable, and that quality educational experiences are provide to the children. Receives supervision from the Child Development Coordinator.
1. Helps to plan and implement daily parent/child activities.
2. Consults with teachers to report significant details about the child/family.
3. Helps to develop and facilitate child development goals in accordance with family partnership agreement.
4. Helps complete child development screenings of assigned children.
5. Keeps daily attendance and meal count for children who attend the center.
6. Conducts weekly observations on assigned children.
7. Tracks snack records for CD room
8. Interacts with children daily and teaches through play, age appropriate activities, and modeling.
9. Prepares sheets and keeps track of snacks for child development room
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate
· Family Day care Experience/Licensing; Infant-Child CPR; First Aid
· Knowledge of Early Childhood principles, developmental states birth to three year olds. Minimum one year experience working directly with children ages birth to 5 years old. Family Day care Experience/Licensing.
· Experience working with children ages birth to three.
· Must be CPR certified
Kennedy Krieger Institute - 19 months ago
The National Center for Family Literacy was established by Sharon Darling in 1989 with a grant from the William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable...