The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. Due to anticipated growth and ongoing needs, we are searching for a CHOICE Project Associate to join our team.
The CHOICE Project Associate will be based in the Boston corporate office and will have primary responsibility for initial implementation and ongoing management of a $29 million CHOICE Implementation Grant for TCB, the Federal Grantee. The CHOICE Project Associate will work alongside NSP2 Grantee staff and will spend approximately 75% of their time administering compliance for the CHOICE Grantee function. This position will report to the NSP2 Program Manager.
This is a program position and does not require day-to-day intervention in real estate project management. The CHOICE Project Associate primarily will provide day-to-day oversight of data collection, all federal and state reporting and regulatory compliance for a $29 million Choice Grant awarded to TCB in connection with a single project in Cincinnati, OH. The CHOICE Project Associate will also staff the CHOICE Working Group which will include, on some occasions, TCB functional leadership working on the CHOICE grant and on other occasions, working with other awardees of CHOICE Implementation Grants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of CHOICE Grant requirements sufficient to track and document all requirements for TCB as Grantee, including an ability to identify complex issues and foster collaborative interdepartmental solutions
- Ensure accurate and timely set up and implementation of all documentation and systems necessary to administer the Grantee function. This may also require some site visits and training of “on the ground” staff and contractors
- Ensure completion of all required compliance monitoring and monitor resultant status (Davis Bacon, procurement, S-3 outreach, URA). Document and resolve outstanding compliance issues for the file
- Build and Maintain TCB’s Choice Grantee LOCCS account: project setup, action plans, budget, draws, quarterly reporting, set up and maintain performance measures. Run LOCCS reports necessary to perform reporting analysis and ferret out information to reconcile information obtained from different sources
- Manage the collection and storage of data and documents that support HUD LOCCS requirements
- Process draws: prepare draw cover page, review backup documentation, coordinate accounting review of draw package, input to DRGR, and ensure timely release of draw
- Staff, participate in and report to an ongoing Choice Grant Working Group that initially will focus on implementation and administration of the current Choice Grant award and prospectively will include production of applications for future funding rounds
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of the affordable housing environment, funding programs and acronyms
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Access, and Adobe CS5
Education & Experience:
Masters Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate Development, related field or equivalent experience
Some experience in a mission driven or advocacy organization, or background in community organizing and coalition building
The Community Builders - 13 months ago