Performs routine clerical functions such as typing, filing, answering telephone, maintaining records, etc. for assigned department/division.
· Types correspondence, reports, memorandums, file cards, requisitions, purchase orders, etc. and other items as needed for assigned department/division.
· Answers phones and route calls to appropriate party; greets public and performs receptionist duties as needed.
· Maintains and updates records, files, inventories, logs, etc. as assigned.
· Processes and distributes mail.
· Assists in preparing and distributing monthly reports for departments, divisions, City, State and other government agencies.
· May perform specific functions such as: maintaining case logs, entering and retrieving data from computer , preparing and filing case reports, researching cases as needed.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
6 months experience in office/clerical experience or related training required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of and ability to follow general office procedures and practices.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and how to create and maintain files.
· Knowledge of Google Drive and Google documents.
· Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat X Standard, to include combining and converting files to PDF format and bookmarking.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to operate office equipment such as photocopier and telephone.
· Ability to deal with the public and other City personnel in answering questions and relaying information to appropriate parties.
· Ability to handle a variety of general office and clerical functions/tasks.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to multitask between computer programs.
· Ability to prioritize workload.
· Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
· Good grammar and writing skills, good telephone and communication skills.
· Good organizational skills.
· May be subject to software skills testing
· Must submit and pass a police background check.
· Must pass a polygraph exam.
· Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.