The HealthTrust CIO Identifies changes and trends in computer and systems technology and interprets their meaning to senior management. Other responsibilities are as follows:
information systems approach.
- Participates in overall business planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the organization's competitive position.
- Determines long-term organization-wide information needs and develops overall strategy for information needs, systems development and hardware acquisition, and integration including mainframe, mini, macro, and client/server computing applications.
- Acts to ensure integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Acts as highest interface with non-technical user functions in determining overall
information systems and equipment.
- Directs and coordinates information systems planning and functions, including all phases of systems design, programming, installation and operations.
- Reviews and evaluates project feasibility studies based on management's requirements and priorities, and implements the installation and operation of
- Develops, coordinates, guides and executes IT systems strategic and operational plans, participating proactively with the executive leadership and management teams to optimize the use of information technology in support of the corporate IT&S mission and business strategy.
- Leads the development and implementation of corporate IT&S initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development opportunities.
- Leads the scheduling and implementation of HCA IT&S initiatives.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure and staffing capable of supporting the business and operational needs.
- Oversees and is accountable for ensuring efficacy of the IT environments supporting all solutions and systems. Ensures environments are stable and efficient and compliant with HCA standards. Ensures all of these environments operate according to negotiated and established service levels and in accordance with enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Fosters utilization of HCA standard solutions and ensures that HPG solutions and initiatives are not in conflict with HCA enterprise solutions, processes, standards and policies.
- Develops and maintains annual operating and capital budgets for operations. Monitors IT activities and costs related to the utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operational requirements, while ensuring that the technology environment is continually refreshed and capable of supporting the business and health care operations.
- Communicates IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Recruits, develops and retains management staff.
- Ensures appropriate training and development programs are utilized to attract, retain and develop personnel required to support information services.
- Ensures that information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements. Enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information. Develops and maintains a division wide business recovery plan.
- Maintains contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Evaluates alternatives, performs cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions within corporate policies and standards.
- 7-10 years senior leadership experience required.
- Strong Supply Chain background strongly preferred.
- Solid Data Analytics and Business Intelligence backgrond considered huge plus.
- College Degree required.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
HCA Inc - 5 months ago