Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of annual vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day – and that’s just the beginning.
As a CIO you will responsible for providing technology leadership and management of technology systems and services at client institutions. This includes management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management at the client site. Creates and implements client’s Information Technology strategy.
As part of the Leadership Services team, a CIO in this role will be expected to manage the transition process at both new accounts and/or accounts experiencing a leadership/management change, which requires building strong relationships quickly and navigating through potentially challenging political situations.
Responsibilities may include:
• Maintains regular contact with client executives and staff.
• Develops a positive client relationship.
• The CIO focuses on client liaison and strategic aspects of Higher Education activities at the client location.
• Advises client on status of technologies at the institution relative to the client’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including; directing staff, who support administrative and/or academic computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
• Establishes and directs the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
• Recommends and/or determines the institution’s long-term system needs and proposes hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution’s business objectives and to support campus goals.
• Actively participates in a number of key client committees, cabinet and/or Board-level meetings, ad-hoc advisory groups, institutional/community activities and planning committees.
• Interfaces with and participates in all facets of the Corporate Client Services Management team functions.
• Coordinates, submits, reports, and manages problem resolution for all Federal and State requirements for student, personnel and financial records.
• Works with Higher Education regional management to coordinate corporate resource requirements to complete and update annual strategic plans.
• Participates in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with Regional Managers and Vice Presidents.
• Recognizes, creates, and tracks value-added and ROI activities for client.
• Responsible for ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements.
• Negotiates and maintains responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts.
• Assists with or creates requests for proposals for IT related projects.
• Translates and articulates administrative and educational goals of the institution into technical initiatives.
• Directs budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes and database system strategy.
• Completes and monitors site budgets and business plans; reviews monthly revenue and expense reports.
• Prepares and submits required corporate reports in a timely manner.
• Implements company policy, methodologies, procedures and practices at site location.
• Responsible for hiring all company staff assigned to support a client’s information technology operations.
• Responsible for managing on-site personnel actions, staff training and development.
• Communicates regularly and effectively with Higher Education management on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals.
• Makes recommendations and oversees implementation of all key IT-related functional units.
• Proactively supports corporate initiatives and programs.
• Leads and directs efforts using appropriate management skills including; project management, budget administration, decision making, communication, and time management skills.
• Communication and presentation skills – written and oral. Ability to participate on non-technical committees and represent the status of technical projects in language that academic and administrative staff can easily understand.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Collaborative approach to problem-solving, including use of remote teams/staff.
• Broad knowledge/understanding of current technology trends and support requirements
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
• Preferably 8 or more years of post-graduate experience and/or related training.
• Experience in information technology management is required.
Responsibility for Work of Others:
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Additional Skills/
Information: Strategic/Customer Focus - Must have proficient decision-making and time management skills. Must possess leadership abilities. Must maintain current knowledge in the use and trends of technology in higher education. Must have the ability to work in a political environment.
Ellucian. - 13 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...