The Chief Information Officer will be responsible for managing the relationship and partnership for a specific business line within RBS Citizens to deliver a full IT services and support model. This individual will manage technology resources aligned to support the particular business and will partner with support services in TSA to leverage resources as needed to deliver and service their operation.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the provision of technology meets the current and future strategic needs of the division.
- To ensure that all technology solutions within the division are aligned to the needs of the business, delivered at the highest quality, in the fastest timeframe and offering value for the investment.
- To provide clear and consistent linkage between partners in Strategy & Architecture, Infrastructure Services and the division on all significant technology matters. This includes operational as well as technology investment programs.
- Develop and own the technology roadmap for the business, providing direction and guidance to all business areas within the division on the use of appropriate technology solutions.
- Ensure alignment and consistency of the Divisional technology investment with broader RBS, Technology Services strategies and technology development principles.
- Provide governance and control of all divisional technology investment.
- Drive, in conjunction with other parts of TSA, a World class technology delivery capability that is flexible, robust and scalable to support the strategic plans of the division.
- Participate with the other CIO’s and Head of TSA in the development of an overall Technology Strategy that addresses applications, infrastructure, sourcing, people and process
- Drive the provision of application development solutions in conjunction with all stakeholders to support delivery of the business strategic objectives.
- Develop a technology roadmap for the business that aligns with both business and technology strategy.
- Drive and deliver all contributions required for Technology wide efficiency improvements globally.
- Effective management of the development application portfolio, looking to create the most cost effective portfolio, through component re-use, efficient resourcing profiles and innovative delivery methods.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring effective management of the staff within the unit including pro-active performance management, personal development, succession planning, & talent management.
- Accountable for daily control and delivery of development services for the business, including support for the application management function.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and financial benefits for all solutions delivered.
- Effective management of third parties and stakeholders across in division and across the RBS Group as required.
- Pro-active cost/budget management for area of responsibility.
- 15+ years of experience running large/complex IT Programs involving geographically dispersed teams, in particular managed services partnerships.
- Experience leading large technology teams, plus third party suppliers, c. 300 FTE
- Deep technology and business domain knowledge in the Financial Services Industry (banking a plus), including excellent understanding of technology development principles and system/application architecture, in addition to experience with mobile and digital.
- Extensive experience selecting, and working with, offshore based third party suppliers for the delivery of technology solutions.
- Clear evidence of driving underlying changes to operating models and delivery methodologies to deliver efficiency and effectiveness improvements for development services in a complex financial services environment.
- The ability to quickly form productive relationships with senior stakeholders across multiple technology and business functions
- Excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Experience creating a customer-focused commercial culture with a continual focus on operational excellence, customer satisfaction and robust controls
- Capability to implement world class business processes
- Demonstrable experience of driving change at strategic level with tangible business results
- Ability to attract, select and retain high caliber staff
- Ability to build a high performing organization and teams combining internal and partner resources to deliver business value
- Organizational expertise to structure and build a management team capable of managing the technology function as a global business.
- Proven track record of working in a diverse global organization, establishing partnerships across regions and cultures
- Proactive and effective succession planning
- Monitoring of performance, competence and capability of employees
- Ability to communicate effectively with businesses, leadership, management and employees
- Strategic and functional responsibility, working with regional development, in Europe and India.
- Budget accountability –governance support of up to $100m+
- Ability to manage development costs ensuring cost efficiency and delivery reliability, including 3 rd party vendors
- Good working knowledge of the financial management processes within an IT organization
- Experience of driving optimal delivery models, including business case preparation
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in business or a related technical field required.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
We’re Citizens, in every sense of the word.
It’s our belief that a good bank is made up of good citizens. That’s why...