The CIO reports to the CEO and is responsible for defining, leading, and executing on DTI’s vision for Information Technology.
The Chief Information Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across all business units. The Chief Information Officer will direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems, including multiple large datacenters.
DTI employ’s a SAAS delivery model in providing technology-enabled legal services to its clients. The CIO will be accountable for the design, development, implementation of infrastructure associated with DTI’s multiple 24x7x365 hosting data centers and network of 25 regional and local processing centers located around the US. .
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems and Development team across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments to Senior management
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT and Development spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Assess and drive integration of IT infrastructure post acquisitions.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Oversee the continued development of a 35+ person professional IT team into a high performance organization; drive improvement in team morale while reducing turn over in IT organization; drive skills management and training; coach and mentor team members into senior level roles
- Implement a comprehensive set of KPIs/metrics designed to transparently demonstrate the performance of the IT service environment as well as the value and efficiency increases of the IT organization.
- Drive process and best practices improvements to lower the number, severity and time to close of service incidents
- Leverage project portfolio management disciplines to drive improvements in IT project definition and delivery, in terms of resource, schedule, budget management and outcomes
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- 15 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation, preferably for a service based company both large and small company experience
- Substantial hands on knowledge of hosted solutions, large data center management, hardware platforms, software applications
- Experience in acquisition integration
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- In-depth knowledge of negotiating software license agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
DTI - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
DTI is committed to developing principle-centered leaders for the purpose of providing superior document outsourcing services. The...