Making a difference for over 17 million students at more than 2,400 institutions of higher education in over 40 countries is a big job. At Ellucian, we provide education institutions with the innovative solutions they need to help people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
At Ellucian our values are CLEAR: Collaboration, Learning, Engagement, Accountability, and Resourcefulness. We truly are a global organization with offices in North America, Mexico, Dubai, India, Australia, the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands.
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of every day - join Ellucian and be inspired!
Bring your strategic vision to Ellucian and make a difference! At Ellucian, we deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help education institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. Right now, we are seeking a CIO to provide technology leadership and management of technology systems and services at our client’s higher education institution.
As the CIO, you will manage strategic and tactical activities to ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management at the client site. You will be responsible for creating and implementing our client’s information technology strategy through the management of the IT department’s day-to-day operations.
• Assessing and anticipating technology projects and recommending appropriate action and resources
• Identifying user needs, resolving problems, and directing building of teams to work across all levels of the organization
• Recommending and/or determining the institution’s long-term system needs and proposing hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution’s business objectives and to support campus goals
• Actively participating in a number of key client committees, cabinet and/or Board-level meetings, ad-hoc advisory groups, institutional/community activities, and planning committees
• Interfacing with and participating in all facets of the Corporate Client Services Management team functions
• Coordinating, submitting, reporting, and managing problem resolution for all Federal and State requirements for student, personnel, and financial records
• Working with management to coordinate corporate resource requirements to complete and update annual strategic plans
• Participating in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with General Managers and Vice Presidents
• Recognizing, creating, and tracking value-added and ROI activities for client
• Ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements
• Negotiating and maintaining responsibility for managing various IT-related vendor contracts
• Assisting with or creating requests for proposals for IT-related projects
• Translating and articulating administrative and educational goals of the institution into technical initiatives
• Directing budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes, and database system strategy
• Completing and monitoring site budgets and business plans; reviewing monthly revenue and expense reports
• Implementing company policy, methodologies, procedures, and practices at site location
• Hiring all company staff assigned to support a client’s information technology operations
• Managing on-site personnel actions, staff training, and development
Are you adaptable, open to change, creative in problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions? Do you have what it takes to work in a politically-sensitive environment with various campus constituencies and conflicting goals? Can you give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization?
If the answers are yes, this is your chance to demonstrate your technical skills and management abilities. In this key leadership role, you will have the opportunity to show your proficient decision making, coaching abilities, initiative, and strategic vision. It’s the perfect opportunity to take your IT management career to the next level!
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degrees, strongly preferred
• 8 - 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field OR equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives in
a college or university environment
• Current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education
• Strong empathizing and empowerment abilities
• Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration between client and Ellucian staff
• Stress-management, time management, planning, and organization skills
• Strong understanding of Administrative/ERP Computing systems in any of the following ERP solutions: Higher Education - Banner ERP, Colleague ERP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc.
• Experience with or knowledge of service provision best practices (e.g., ITIL), preferred
• Experience in ERP implementation project management, higher education preferred
• Experience with Banner in a Higher Education work environment
We, as Ellucian Technology Management, are dedicated to assisting our customers achieve their strategic goals in pursuit of the institutional mission. We are committed to continuous improvement of our skills and performance, and we hold ourselves and one another to a higher standard in all we do.
If you like serving the community by innovating technology in the Higher Education industry, Ellucian’s Technology Management Team is the place for you then. Our culture fosters opportunities for individual impact and advancement – YOU are the change agent! We are rapidly growing and are always seeking passionate people who collaborate with our clients as subject matter experts to transform cutting edge technology.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...