Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Scope of Responsibility:
The CIO is responsible for driving company’s short and long-term business systems strategy and execution as well as management of all related technology/architecture planning and development. The CIO will plan, build, develop and manage scalable technology architecture for a high-volume consumer Internet site with substantial, real-time information and data processing requirements.
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development, including advanced personalization, content, eCommerce and social network development.
- Interpret technology market trends and evolving social behaviors to formulate and direct strategic technology roadmaps.
- Maintains innovative edge through mastering the most up to date knowledge of current and emerging internet based technology applications (internet protocols, CMS systems, social media, eBusiness infrastructure, DBMS, revision control systems, etc.)
- Critical in influencing the company’s overall business direction to maximize growth and market differentiation.
- Oversees technology due diligence, integration and implementation activities in support of business development and corporate development initiatives.
- Builds and directs technology department consisting of a diverse staff models including direct teams, remote teams and onshore, near shore and offshore contracting resources.
- Manages IT Operating and Capital budgets to meet company’s fiscal goals and sets near and long range technology investment projections and plans for the company.
- Ensures corporate data/information security and privacy governance meets all applicable commercial and public sector standards (e.g. HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FISMA/NIST) and ensure that external vendors and partners are compliant with such standards. Direct development and execution of enterprise-wide information security plans. Includes leading client security audits and responding to security/technology topics in RFPs. Ensure a unified and consistent continuous monitoring strategy is in place across all IT organizations.
- Direct and execute enterprise-wide disaster recovery/business continuity plans and ensure that such plans are constantly evolving.
- Partners with online services and consumer marketing to ensure that market web presence is consistently optimized through the application of SEO and other methodologies.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, online services, corporate development and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
Web development technologies (Java, Apache/Tomcat)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology or similar field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in the technology field.
- 10 years management experience, with 5 in executive leadership capacity.
- Strong aptitude and experience with multiple SW deployment methodologies.
- Extensive experience in designing and customizing 3rd party interface techniques and deployment.
- Demonstrated knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures including but not limited to the following
CMS tools and technologies (C++ and Visual Basic)
CRM applications (Oracle/PeopleSoft)
Operating systems (Unix/Linux)
Database systems (SQL, Oracle, DB2)
Storage Area Networks w/ Business Continuance Replication Strategies
Converged Infrastructure utilizing best of breed Hypervisor Technologies
Telephony applications (PBX,CTI, QA Monitoring, VoIP)
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Proven experience with new and emerging Internet and Ecommerce technologies.
- Proven ability to build IT web initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Proven track record of sourcing and building a dynamic team.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong presentation skills.
LifeCare, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -