The position will be responsible for directing all information technology activities, including identifying the future direction of IT as a business driver for the Company. The CIO will create a blueprint for the IT organization, put together a strategy for growth, and then be charged with executing that strategy to build a world class IT organization. The CIO will bring both a strategic and tactical frame of mind, and will be able to articulate their strategy to their staff and executive leadership team. The CIO will quickly assess the current organization and immediately make recommendations as it relates to the current development organization, outsourcing and upgrading systems. The CIO will essentially have a “white board” to work with, and must have the ability to envision what the organization should look like, and then create a plan to achieve that vision.
The successful candidate will work closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities to use technology to achieve the company’s business objectives (e.g., to improve business processes, promote the brand through strategic use of information technology). As such, the CIO will participate in the technology direction setting for the company and will work to ensure that company-wide information technology activities are inter-locked with overall strategies and objectives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strategic and operational plans in support of the overall company mission and business strategy. These plans will define a vision for meeting current and future information technology needs for the company.
• Lead due diligence and business justification relative to all critical sourcing/outsourcing decisions. Manage all outsourcing initiatives.
• Locate and gather data on distributed information and utilize knowledge for innovation.
• Manage business and technical teams to ensure all projects meet strategic objectives.
• Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
• Identify best practices throughout the organization and communicate/implement these practices on an enterprise level.
• Drive the development of enterprise technology standards to ensure compatibility and integration (e.g., multivendor platforms) throughout the company..
• Analyze enterprise program requirements and anticipate resources (e.g., staffing, costs) needed to meet objectives.
• Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IT organization.
• Ensure that enterprise information systems operate according to internal standards, external agency standards and legal requirements.
• Maintain clarity about values, visions, meaning and purpose for the IT community.
• Facilitate communication between all key IT groups.
Qualifications & Experience:
A graduate degree in Business or Management; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred.
• Experience with building an IT organization, both the IT team as well as systems and infrastructure.
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale, integrated systems across multiple hardware and software platforms.
• At least 10 years of experience in project management of major development projects, particularly as a business lead for systems development.
• Multisite experience
• At least 10 years of management experience, during which one or more of the following occurred:
o Successfully developed and implemented new technologies and work processes.
o Experience building a scalable platform.
o Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
o Gained experience in leading multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
o Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
o Demonstrated high competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects.
• Experience with both in-house and outsourced systems
This position is best suited for the following type of candidate
• Highly driven and self-motivated – excels in environments that rewards superb performance
• Business focused – Maintenance professional who aims to understand business aims and achieves desired results; a high degree of comfort with capital budgeting and understands capitalization concepts is required
• Clear communicator – can explain technical construction / maintenance issues quickly and clearly to non-maintenance individuals
• Curiosity – ability and desire to learn new areas of the Senior Housing business
• Quick thinker and problem solver
• Flexible – ability to deal with meaningful growth in constantly changing internal and external environments. Ability to adapt to change and embrace ambiguity
• Detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Impeccable integrity and a strong personal work ethic