As a member of the executive team, the Chief Information Officer’s (CIO) role is to provide strategic vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives by aligning the technology vision with business strategy. The CIO directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development.
This position will supervise a team of 4 direct reports and approximately 70 indirect reports.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of Monday-Friday with some schedule variations as needed.
This position will require up to 25% travel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strategy & Planning
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization
• Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business
• Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
• Participate as a member of the senior management team in governance processes of the organization’s architecture, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
Acquisition & Deployment
• Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems
• Review hardware and software acquisitions and maintenance contracts
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems
• Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
• Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance
• Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations
• Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
• Other tasks as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or related field is required
• Advanced degree, such as MBA in management information systems or related field is preferred
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of experience in a senior executive capacity
• Previous experience working in the financial services sector is preferred
• Experience in strategic technology planning, execution and policy development
• Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
• Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including SQL, SHAW, Provenir, etc.
• Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development
• Excellent understanding of project management principles
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
• In-depth knowledge of applicable security frameworks is required
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
• Proven leadership ability
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
ExecuNet - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -