CITY EMPLOYEES ONLY – This is a city employee only recruitment for current Denver City employees with or without Career Service status.
Do you believe leadership is about service? Are you a leader who drives success, and motivates people? Are you a leader who inspires others? If so, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is looking for you!
The Office of Human Resources provides human resource management programs that support employees and agencies in delivering services to our community.
Our team of skilled human resource professionals have decades of experience working in both private and public sector organizations. We provide our customers subject matter expertise in the areas of benefits, wellness, organizational development, workforce management, employee development, employee relations, policy development, classification and compensation.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to be part of our OHR team. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on strategic HR professional with the City and County of Denver. The position will be responsible for leading a team in delivering invaluable service to our clients across the City. The HR Manager will lead a team providing expertise in a number of human resource disciplines. The teams’ focus will be on day-to-day human resources operation in the areas of:
Denver's Office of Human Resources is responsible for supporting over 8,000 employees in over 850 different positions. This provides us with nearly unmatched variety and an appealing range of clients.
- Leader/employee development and training;
- Employee relations;
- Performance management;
- Dispute resolution;
- Hiring/on-boarding; and
- Leave management
- Effectively lead a team that provides quality HR products and services in a timely fashion;
- Effectively address agency concerns and improve overall HR capability and effectiveness;
- Strategically position HR to partner with agency leaders to increase agency performance;
- Implement strategic HR initiatives to create a strong culture of leaders and high-performing teams;
- Build and maintain effective working relations with the leadership team and employees to advise on HR matters;
- Leads, plans, and manages analysis, process improvement and change management for maximum effectiveness;
- Provide agency with actionable data and develop strategies to address areas for improvement;
- Actively involved and highly aware of the City’s Peak Performance initiatives;
- Fiscally prudent with agency funds to ensure good stewardship.
- Sets clear vision and direction for HR operations to drive agency goals forward.
- Mentors, develops, and directs team
Required Experience (must be demonstrated on application/resume)
Preferred Experience (demonstrate on application/resume, if applicable):
- Three years of experience in a professional level supervisory or at the type and level of a Senior HR Professional position of which one year must include the analysis and implementation of processes, procedures, practices, or policies in Human Resources.
- Strategic vision and purpose – Demonstrated experience communicating a vision or sense of a core purpose to a team and articulates how it connects with employee's roles/responsibilities. Demonstrated strength in leadership influence at multiple levels, including elected officials, and the ability to influence the decision making process.
- Managing Change – Proven successes in understanding employees’ resistance to change initiatives and develops strategies to address it; demonstrated ability to lead major change initiatives across an organization.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrated experience in establishing trust and respect through structured processes and ongoing two-way communication; demonstrated success as an HR Manager with knowledge/skills/abilities to lead and manage the HR functions in delivering invaluable service.
- Leading/Building existing Teams - Proven successes in leading, developing and retaining key contributors. Created a climate in which people wanted to do their best. Fostered open dialogue and solicited ideas from team members. Proven track record in successfully mentoring, coaching and counseling employees. Proven background in linking team performance to overall strategic plan(s) of agency/client. Motivated, inspired and lead existing team.
- Inclusivity- Proven success in strengthening employee engagement and developing leadership attributes at all levels. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and alliances with the Denver community and City’s national and global partners.
Required Education (must be demonstrated on application/resume):
Equivalency (must be demonstrated on application/resume):
- Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Management or related field
Licensure and/or Certification for all Positions:
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of the required experience
- Two years of the appropriate type and level of experience will serve as an equivalency to one year of education. (For example, if a Baccalaureate Degree is required, eight years of relevant experience can be substituted.)
- Completion of the Office of Human Resources supervisory training course prior to completion of the probationary period.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
For more information on our benefits, please click here .
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (multiple programs)
- Paid Time Off (combined vacation/sick leave)
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement (Pension Plan & 457 Deferred Comp Plan)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Parking, Dependant Care)
- RTD Pass Discounts
- Life Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Programs
- Wellness Center & Programs (vary by location)
- Education & Training Classes (vary by location)
- On-site perks such as dry cleaning, mail service and lobby convenience stores (vary by location)
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
Classification Title : Manager 1 - CA1744
Pay Grade : 813-A
Agency : Office of Human Resources (OHR)
To Apply : Please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit: www.denvergov.org/jobs
Background Check / Drug Testing : Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.
Probationary Period : The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City. As part of probation, employees complete a series of internal training classes which may include supervisory training based on the specific role.
Recruiter : YDM/KH
The City and County of Denver - 19 months ago