The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- This position does have a positive education requirement
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a senior professional civil engineer, performing designed duties in support of a military installation or complex. Leads a design team of lower graded engineers/architects from a variety of disciplines and technical staff on larger more complex multi-phase projects.
- Performs planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for a variety of real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering.
- Serves as consulting engineer on all design aspects of assigned projects. Coordinates the preparation of and reviews A & E statements of work (SOW).
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects. Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
- In conjunction with the primary duty of engineering design, on a less frequent basis performs work in the construction management, programming/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions. Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of creditable specialized experience include professional knowledges and abilities applicable to a broad range of civil engineering duties, ability to modify standard practices and adapt equipment or techniques to solve a variety of problems, ability to adapt precedents or make significant departures from previous approaches to similar projects in order to provide for the specialized requirements of some projects, and ability to apply the standard practices of related engineering disciplines and architecture as they relate to engineering design.
To view qualifying specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-11 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of a broad range of civil engineering concepts, principles, and practices and extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture.
2. Knowledge of a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulation, knowledge of standard contracting regulations, practices, and procedures, knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable standards, regulations, and/or technical orders, knowledge of environmental principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and current legislative issues, and knowledge of work classifications and the regulatory and statutory restrictions on the expenditures of appropriate and
3. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions, and knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and management.
4. Ability to plan, conduct, and record site/facility surveys and inspections.
5. Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
6. Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate the work of other engineering disciplines and architects, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and maintain good working relations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide OFFICIAL transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
2. The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may not be used.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, February 22, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 843618. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, Official Transcripts, etc.
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
1255 Vandeberg Drive
LITTLE ROCK AFB,
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...