After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which makes us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. We also rank 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
• Transcribing dictation, which includes typing letters, completing forms, and proofreading and correcting grammar prior to mailing.
• Transcribing question and answer statements.
• Calculates bills prior to payment.
• Verifies, prints, and mails claim draft payments.
• Checks computer for policy and claim information.
• Answers telephone for adjusters and examiners.
• Sorts file material.
• Records statistical information in claim files.
• Enters statistical information into mainframe computer.
• Photocopies and faxes.
• Sorts outgoing mail and loads SAM - mail robot.
• Internet reporting and e-mailing of Arbitration forms.
• Cross trains for related jobs in department.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Typing speed of 40 wpm.
• General office experience helpful.
• Working knowledge of calculators, typewriters, Dictaphone, and computers. (Lotus WordPro helpful)
• Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning policy and claim information.
• Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays for long periods of time.
• Repetitive wrist motion from use of mouse and keyboard.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
• Incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time.
• This position will require the incumbent to engage in the following activities: reaching, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, and feeling; some of which may be repetitive.
• May have to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds.
• Health & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 17 months ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...