Under immediate supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in the landscaping and maintenance of campus grounds.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
1. May participate in the planting and watering of plants, trees, shrubbery, and flowers throughout the College campus grounds.
*2. Mows grass, thins, trims, and removes trees.
*3. Participates in winter snow removal operations.
*4. Performs minor maintenance on mowers, tractors, sprinklers, etc.
*5. Maintains hand and power tools.
6. May perform minor cement or asphalt patching on sidewalk and parking lots.
7. May erect regulatory and information signing.
8. Periodically supports the work of building maintenance staff.
*9. Daily outdoor trash pick-up.
*10. Daily completion of work hour time reports.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Grounds Supervisor. May receive supervision from Grounds Worker II or Grounds Technician in absence of Grounds Supervisor.
Exercised by Employee:
High school diploma.
Two years experience in horticulture, landscape contracting, forestry or a related field. Valid Illinois Driver's License.
Three years landscaping experience or related field.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
Knowledge of grounds equipment including: mowers, sprayers, power mechanical tools, and all types of vehicles, and the upkeep and repair of all equipment and tools.
Generally good, clean, and safe. Some inclement weather; usually normal hours, but may be required to work extended hours during emergencies. Lifting of objects about 50 lbs. Must pass physical exam at College expense.
This position may require taking one or more of the following test(s) below at the college expense.
- Physical - REQUIRED
- Background Check - REQUIRED
Offer of employment will be contingent upon completion and satisfactory results of the test(s) mentioned above.
College of DuPage - 11 months ago