Works under general supervision to perform moderately difficult specialized clerical work involved in organizing, analyzing, processing, and maintaining operating financial, statistical, and other specialized reports and records pertaining to departmental function with Human Resources Sheriff's Office Payroll.
EEOC CODE: 60
1. Three (3) years experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data processing or statistical work; and
2. Graduated from an accredited High School or possess GED.
3. (Human Resources/Payroll experience preferred.)
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Post hours/monies and calculate and balance payroll.
2. Completes EIC Form changes (shift pay, cost center, batch & location, longevity pay). Also complete appropriate forms: W-4, address, names, union dues, etc.
3. Inputs SOS changes, update SOS on employee's records to restore and/or subtract time and pay and complete applicable forms for corrections.
4. Retrieves/pull overtime/docking & other payroll reports verify accuracy and post to payroll worksheets.
5. Files new EIC forms received from payroll/personnel and other employee miscellaneous paperwork (changes & revisions).
6. Calculate hours to determine docking and/or paying.
7. Daily assist employees in preparing various forms such as direct deposits, tax withholdings, etc.
8. Research and resolve thru counseling employees regarding complaints, pay and benefits inquiries and policy procedures.
9. Create and update personal monthly daily calendar.
10. Maintains payroll records of employees assigned to the Sheriff's Office.
11. Assists employees with questions concerning payroll, leave, and all other personnel information.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment and machines.
2. Knowledge of Business English, arithmetic, and basic data processing and statistical techniques.
3. Ability to calculate payroll information to determine owed and due hours/monies.
4. Ability to analyze and solve problem.
5. General knowledge of Human Resources/Payroll Information System.
201 Poplar Avenue, Suite 925, Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 10 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...