A clerk performs the following duties:
- Identifies, analyzes and makes suggestions for resolution or correction of any situation which could impact the efficency or ecomomy of the work area.
- Provides information and assistance to all levels of customers on extablished program areas.
- Provides support in conducting studies for program activities; review job processes, working conditions, workflow or similar activities within assigned area of responsbibility.
- Collects data for routine reports; extracts data from prescribed sources.
- Performs a variety of adminsitrative tasks using several software tools.
QUALIFICATIONS/ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: You must meet the following eligibility and basic qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older, or at least 16 years of age or older, and meet one of the following: (1) have graduated from high school or have a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; (2) have completed a formal vocational training program; or (3) have a statement from school authorities agreeing with the decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-05 LEVEL: A. One year or twelve (12) months of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-04) in the Federal government. Specialized experience is experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. Specialized experience is administrative, typing or other work that indicates knowledge of the procedures and technique involved in carrying out the work of an organization and involves application of procedures and practices within the framework of established guidelines. Examples of General Clerical experience may be; A clerk, secretary, administrative assistant, maintaining accounting files, Accounts Receivable/payable filing clerk, data entry clerk, or other positions that included application of typing and/or telephone skills as a significant part of the work. OR B. A Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university. OR C. A combination of education and experience equivalent to that described above.
Internal Revenue Service - 9 months ago
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service today released new withholding tables that will result in more take-home pay this spring for...