Clerk II - General Clerical (San Jacinto Unit):
WORK HOURS: MON - FRI, 8:00 AM - 5:00 P.M.
Performs advanced level secretarial work including, but not limited to, typing general correspondence and minutes as required, answering main telephones, entering information into the AVATAR PM system, maintaining daily patient roster, preparing emergency/referral packets, updating unit bulletin boards to ensure correct information and coordinating monthly shopping trips for patients as needed. Maintains files and reports and assembles and organizes information for supervisor. Serves as backup EOC Coordinator for the Unit. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant. This position assumes no financial responsibility but is accountable for assigned property. Must understand that duties, location of work and shift pattern are subject to change as determined by the administration to meet the needs of the hospital. Must understand that duties may include exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials. Supports the mission and vision of the facility. Employee actively participates and/or serves in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of
Operations (COOP) activation.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1) Types correspondence, memoranda, minutes and statistical reports using Microsoft Office software and handles confidential information with necessary directions to ensure an orderly flow of work. 50%
2) Answers main office telephone, directs calls to appropriate staff and takes and distributes messages in order to ensure communication between caller and staff. 20%
3) Enters patient movement and provider assignments into AVATARPM at time of movement in order to maintain current and accurate patient information. 10%
4) Types daily patient roster, using the information from the Daily Population Movement reports, and distributes to unit staff and specified departments. 15%
5) Performs other duties as assigned in order to ensure services are provided. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location. 5%
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Working knowledge of general office practices, spelling, grammar, simple arithmetic and standard office machines.
Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex instructions.
Prefer experience working with medical records.
Prefer experience working with mentally ill patients.
Prefer experience maintaining document files.
Prefer experience working with diverse groups.
Prefer computer literate (Microsoft Ofice, Word, Excel, CWS, Avatar PM).
Sign language preferred.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
Prefer knowledge of general office practices, spelling, grammar, simple arithmetic and standard office machines.
Prefer skill in using various computer programs (Office, Word, Excel, CWS, Avatar PM, MIMS).
Prefer ability to record and transcribe minutes.
Prefer knowledge and experience with medical records.
Prefer ability to work with mentally ill patients.
Prefer ability to work with diverse group of people.
Prefer ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
Prefer ability to maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
Prefer knowledge and ability to retrieve data from automated filing system.
IMPORTANT: Applicant must submit a letter to Stacey Blackburn at firstname.lastname@example.org with application indicating how you meet the initial selection criteria.
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, MONDAY - FRIDAY.
This is a DSHS limited client contact position.
This is a DSHS State Hospital limited client contact position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individual
s with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the CAPPS service center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and
need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 10 months ago