To perform all phases of clerical duties to include receiving and logging all patients information, Scheduling, filing typing, answering phones, assist as back-ups in the file room as well as the Darkroom.
1. Must demonstrate courtesy, cooperation, and professionalism toward patients, co-workers, supervisors, physician and all hospital staff.
2. Must have good communication skills and display an empathetic, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
3. Must be well groomed and in compliance with the department professional dress code.
4. Must recognize and respect patient confidentiality.
5. Must demonstrate attentiveness toward details.
6. Some heavy lifting involved.
7. Participates in patient education.
8. Must be able to operate the computer, fax machine, telephones, copy machines and typewriters.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
Knowledge of and ability to read and write in order to schedule appointments and file. Must be
Able to alphabetize and know the numeric filing.
Knowledge to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when compiling summaries and
Other statistics and the like at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school.
General knowledge of limited typing.
General knowledge of medical terminology.
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...