The Army's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees. We strive to provide these programs and services resulting in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service. If you are searching for an exciting career serving our Soldiers and Families, then FMWR is the place for you.
LOCATION: Outdoor Recreation: Riding Stables/Kennels This is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours) with no eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. You must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Medical Evaluation is required
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship and/or Permanent U.S, Residency is required
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment check IAW AR 215-3 required
- Must indicate on resume your typing speed
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions in support of the activity to which assigned. Receives and reviews incoming documents for completeness taking or coordinating and tracking required action. Establishes and maintains office files in accordance with regulatory guidance/procedures. Responds to customer inquires and complaints providing general information and assistance concerning office function, and established procedures. May be responsible for automated time and attendance processing. May perform a variety of complex typing. Perform other duties as assigned.
Progressively responsible clerical experience, which involes the use of calculations and personal computers to include Microsoft Office. Ability to type 40 WPM. ***Must indicate your typing speed on your resume. Best qualified applicant will have possession of 6 months of clerical work experience. Applicants meeting the best qualified criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection.***
*** Must annotate your typing speed on your resume.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Clerical Experience, Best Qualified, Automation, Administration Skills, Customer Service, & Integrity Certification
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours) and isn't eligible to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...