Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Department of Advanced Clinical Information Systems is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Clinical Analyst.
* Participates in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, support and evaluation of clinical systems as assigned. These activities may include system design, documentation of design decisions, work flow redesign and documentation, data collection, database building, system testing and troubleshooting.
* Collects and analyzes user feedback and requirements for revision and enhancements of assigned clinical applications/systems.
* Maintains documentation on assigned project requirements and design decisions.
*Collaborates with IT project manager(s) in evaluation, planning and implementation of enhancements and upgrades for assigned clinical applications/systems.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of: current trends and issues in health care, nursing practice, health care informatics, national and state-wide standards and regulations, enterprise policies and procedures as related to clinical practice, and the legal implications of clinical systems.
* Associate's Degree in Nursing or clinical related (ancillary) field.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a clinical position (nursing or ancillary) in a health care environment of similar size and complexity.
* Previous participation (design, trainer, end-user) in a clinical information systems implementation cycle preferred.
* Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and people management skills.
* Excellent communication and computer skills.
* Current professional license in clinical area is preferred.