Facility: WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
Department: NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Hours: 7PM - 7:15AM
Job Details: Bachelor of Science - Nursing
Professional License Required
1 Year Acute Care Exp Required
The Clinical Coordinator:
- assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- is responsible and accountable for the overall operations of their assigned department. Overall operations of the department include development of department goals and objectives that are consistent with the hospital mission, the management of personnel, preparing/monitoring of and accountability of the department budgets.
- Supervises nursing care provided on the units on off shifts
- collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team to assure the delivery of optimum patient care.
- assures that employee competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy.
- as required, participates in the Performance Improvement Program as defined by the organization.
- attends Management Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information to their staff.
- is responsible for participation in committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
- assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
- maintains knowledge related to the operations of hospital & nursing department.
- works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within nursing department and hospital wide.
- demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adhere to the Customer Service Behavioral Standards.
- is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
- promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
See below. Performs other duties assigned.
1. Assumes responsibility for all hospital and nursing issues occurring on the off shifts.
2. Supervises all services (patient related and others) to provide safe, efficient quality care.
3. Assists the staff to better understand the rationale behind Hospital/Nursing policies and procedures
4. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to identify and resolve problems.
5. Provides clinical/technical support to staff.
6. Assures appropriate staffing levels on assigned shift and subsequent shift in collaboration with Nurse Manager/Director of Nursing.
7. Develops and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrator.
8. Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels and terminates employees as per hospital policy.
9. Schedules staff based on budgeted staffing plan and department needs.
10. Assures compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
11. Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements.
12. Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage department.
13. Participates and assures department involvement in ongoing Performance Improvement initiative as required. Submits reports as required.
14. Attends Management Leadership meetings as required.
15. Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
16. Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients.
17. Participates in committees, task forces, projects, etc. as required.
18. Submits all other work reports as required/requested by the Division Administrator.
19. Collaborates with NM/ANM to identify and resolve clinical practice and personal issues occurring on off shifts.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration
Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
CPR/ACLS certification is required.
Minimum five years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute hospital.
Click Here to
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...