At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices. This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
We currently have an opening for a Quality Documentation Specialist (CDS) Supervisor
This position will oversee the Clinical Documentation Improvement Program. They will manage 12 Clinical Documentation Specialists on the completion of concurrent chart reviews, retrospective reviews, and chart queries. They will ensure optimal workflows in meeting established goals and timeframes. They will provide educational sessions to all physicians, mid-level providers, nursing staff, etc. to facilitate documentation within the medical record that supports patient’s severity of illness and risk of mortality. They will monitor the progress of the program through interpretation of monitoring reports and data.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Minimum of five years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
· Prefer a minimum of three to five years supervisory experience.
· Knowledgeable of computer systems, databases, and registries utilized for information abstracting, reporting, statistical analysis, and retention.
· Must have a current RN license in Kansas.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 10 months ago