Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator in our Cancer Center.
* Directs activities of assigned physician clinics.
* Triages patient calls and coordinates appropriate care.
* Provides complex health assessments of patients outside clinic time.
* Educates patients and caregivers about cancer treatments and disease processes.
* Reviews laboratory results and diagnostic imaging and implements follow-up plans.
* Works with Inpatient Care Coordinator with transition of patient from inpatient to outpatient and vice versa.
* Participates in orientation of new staff members and graduate/undergraduate nursing students.
* Collaborates with research staff members in planning and implementing care of patients involved in clinical trials.
* Reviews new treatments and technologies that affect oncology nursing practice and disseminates information to other staff members.
* Bachelors's degree in Nursing is required.
* Current Kansas RN license or eligible.
* 3 years clinical oncology/hematology experience
* OCN certification
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 20 months ago