About Our Organization
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Senior Clinical Research Coordinator will work on several qualitative and quantitative projects in the Pediatric Population Health Management department. Two of the projects will include Mass in Motion Kids, a multi-sector, multi-level intervention to reduce childhood obesity among children in two Massachusetts communities, and a focus group project exploring racial/ethnic disparities in early life risk factors for childhood obesity. The Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator will be responsible for conducting field work for these studies, as well as assisting with data analyses and manuscript preparations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate focus groups of pregnant women and mothers, including securing recruitment sites, recruiting patients, assisting with focus group script writing, and taking notes during focus groups
Develop study protocols, data collection forms, and scripts in collaboration with the Project Manager and study investigators
Responsible for quality control and developing systems for QA/QC
Recruit patients from health centers, in English and Spanish
Obtain informed consent from study participants and carefully follow study protocols and scripts
Run statistical programs to review data for quality assurance, descriptive statistics and manuscripts, as required
Assist with writing reports and manuscripts detailing research findings
CoordinateInstitutional Review Board (IRB) applications, continuing reviews and amendments
Work with senior level staff at health center sites to negotiate/implement/monitor research protocols
Serve as liaison with participating clinical practices
Attend study team meetings and trainings as required
Maintain a positive and accommodating relationship with study team, health center staff, and participants
Other Duties as assigned
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
- Multi- or bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, and English, preferred
- Ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality with diverse populations
- Comfortable working independently
- Ability to identify and follow through on project issues and use initiative
- Excellent professional, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of research principles, methods, study design and human subject interactions
- Proficiency of various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Lotus Notes, and other desktop tools
- Mastery in use of SAS or other analytic program preferred.
Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
May train, orient, educate and address the competency of staff, interns, and volunteers
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
General office environment with the ability to commute to and from site locations, and work from site locations as required. Some weekend and evening hours may be required.
Massachusetts General Hospital - 18 months ago