Posting Details (Default Section)
Number of Openings
001153 - QA Inspection / Lab
Open Date of Recruitment Period:
Close Date of Recruitment Period:
Open Until Filled
Summary of Job Content:
Supports the development and fabrication of processes and hardware through the Quality Assurance and Inspection disciplines, respectively
Staff (Service) – Number of employees providing service to is up to 10 staff
Budget Expenditures – Up to $10,000
Complexity (knowledge / technological) – Significant
Complexity (product diversity) – Multiple product Lines
Area of Responsibility – Multiple Major Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs CMM Programming.
• Perform Laser Tracking and Faro Arm Inspections and data analysis.
• Develop, implement and revise ISO related Inspection Procedures.
• Train and audit Inspection and Qualified Operators on ISO Quality Assurance Procedures.
• Generate, analyze and report Receiving Inspection results and Supplier performance.
• Verify and maintain accurate Receiving, Source and Tool Inspection records.
• Mentoring mechanical inspectors on various techniques required to verify deliverable and or pathfinder hardware
• Managerial Responsibilities as follows:
o Direct Mechanical Inspectors as required by the Chief Inspector
o Evaluation of new equipment
o Bid and Proposal activity
• Provide Quality Assurance support on the control and handling of digital data
• Understanding and working knowledge of digital data on various platforms ( FARO Arm and Laser Tracker)
• Provide back up for MRB Coordinator, and CMM ( CORDAX ) Inspection during vacations, absences, etc.
• Data collection and formula calculations.
• Data input into computer databases.
• Manipulation (translation and rotation) of digital data for inspection of deliverable and pathfinder hardware
• Provide engineering with input on inspection methodology relative to mechanical and digital inspection techniques
• Reduce Inspection cycle times wherever possible.
• Perform Source Inspection utilizing ASME Y14.5M-1994, Dimensioning and Tolerancing, as necessary.
Special Position Requirements:
• AA degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years experience in aerospace QA and Inspection, preferably in composites.
• AQS auditing certification preferred.
• Must effectively communicate complicated drawings, specifications and procedures.
• Must use and analyze a variety of inspection equipment, such as surface plate, CMM , CNC machine probe systems, optical comparator, data collection or computer programs interfaced with digital inspection gauges and standard measuring instruments.
• Working knowledge of surveying equipment such as Wild level, dumpy level, master tooling level and theodiolite measurements systems. Must stay informed of new engineering measurement technology.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Interpersonal Skills- Focus on resolving issues and remains open to others’ ideas. Oral and Written Communication- Listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions and writes clearly and informatively. Quantity and Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and applies feedback to improve performance, the candidate also completes work in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Blueprint reading / Understanding of Geometric and Tolerances
• Mechanical Inspection techniques
• CMM Programming
• Digital Inspection techniques
• Minimum 500 hours of FARO and Laser Tracker Inspection methodology
• Experience on Insight and Spacial Analyzer softwares preferred
• PCDIMIS Software
Education and/or/Experience: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, and at least 5 to 10 years of experience, or a combination of education and experience. Outside course work will be available on an as need basis to ensure that all goals are achieved
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) and FARO provided softwares, and, PCDIMIS software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, uses hands for feeling objects, some climbing, and crouching, and is required to lift up to 20 pound.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes possible exposure to moving mechanical parts, working in high places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemical, risk of electrical shock and vibration
Special Instructions to Applicants:
HITCO Carbon Composites - 13 months ago
HITCO hits the heights with its complex carbon-based composites. A subsidiary of SGL CARBON, the company specializes in the manufacture of...