GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is seeking to fill the position of a CMOS Technology Development Platform Manager . This is a technical program leadership position within a Process R&D engineering team that is conducting advance technology development in GLOBAL FOUNDRIES ’ state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) in Malta, New York. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and coordinate the definition, planning, and execution of advanced CMOS technology development programs in Fab8 to meet GLOBAL FOUNDRIES ’ technology roadmap requirements. The platform manager will also be expected to drive activities outside of the technology development group (across design enablement, reliability, customer engineering, testsite, packaging, and design groups) as needed to accomplish the project goals. The platform manager will interface with external customers as necessary to understand project requirements and represent the program status. The platform manager will provide direction to program managers responsible for either integrated project planning or program management of variants of the platform technology under development.
- The technology platform manager will be responsible for the development and execution of an integrated project schedule for new technology node development with appropriate intermediate milestones and checkpoints to drive project execution to schedule. The role will require continuous problem solving to address issues and break constraints and/or escalate to management as necessary.
- The platform manager will own the Definition of Requirements and Statement or Work to ensure scope containment and official requests to change the scope of the program when new requirements are presented. The platform manager will coordinate overall activities from technology development program definition through successful technology qualification and release into production.
Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in CMOS technology development
- B.S. Degree (M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline is required;
Experience working with expert teams in defining layout rules (ground rules), enablement (PDK), SPICE modeling, and qualification methodologies for a CMOS technology.
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a project leader, project manager or program manager leading the definition and development of advanced CMOS technology development
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures and across organizations (cross-functional proficiency).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Experience working with design customers
- Demonstrated skill in one of the recognized program management tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 11 months ago