As a Fab 4 CMP Process Development Engineer at Micron, you will be responsible to develop and transfer Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) processes to manufacturing. In this position, you will work with multidisciplinary groups within Micron to develop processes that meet device requirements for next-generation semiconductor devices. Advanced process development will include rigorous process characterization, new consumable development, new hardware evaluations, and fundamental research to troubleshoot and solve problems. In addition, there is a significant opportunity to generate intellectual property relevant to Micron Technology, Inc. Prior experience in CMP is preferred although not required for this position. Strong candidates with demonstrated ability to learn quickly and having excellent problem solving skills are encouraged to apply.
Desired candidate profile:
- Hands-on experience with CMP polishing equipment, which includes familiarity with equipment operation, optical metrology, profilometry, common polishing slurries, and polishing pads.
- In-depth understanding of polishing mechanisms for dielectric and metal CMP.
- Knowledge of material properties and characterization techniques.
- Strong aptitude for research and development with interest and capability to create production worthy technologies.
- Ability to direct and manage consumables and equipment vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- The ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- The ability to work effectively across different organizations within Micron.
- The ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage time and projects.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in chemical engineering, material science, electrical engineering or a related field with minimum of three years experience in CMP.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology, Inc - 14 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...