CMP Process Development Manager
- This is for CMP Process Development Manager position within Advanced Module Technology Development (AMTD) CMP/Plating group at Fab8 in Malta, NY. The individual selected for this position will work together with other GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology development and manufacturing groups at Fab8. This candidate will be responsible for development of cutting-edge CMP processes for advanced technology nodes as well as for managing process engineering team and project planning.
This position requires close interaction with internal GLOBALFOUNDRIES manufacturing and operations team, research and development teams, as well as strong supplier interactions; not only throughout the New York corridor but globally.
Candidate needs to show strong technical leadership in CMP technology as well as project and people management skill which are essential for this position. Candidate also needs to drive in preparing CMP technology roadmap. In addition to development experience, experience in optimizing unit process for manufacturability will be important. This position involves the transfer of technology to our Fab8 operation groups and you will be located to the Company’s Fab 8 operations in Malta, New York.
· Responsible for GLOBALFOUNDRIES AMTD CMP Module Process Development for 20nm and beyond.
· Collaboration on CMP process module roadmaps across all internal organizations globally to insure the needs of all stakeholders are met; manufacturing/operation teams, integration/device teams and all pertinent research and development teams.
· The preparation and execution of CMP project plans for transferring technologies to and from other GLOBALFOUNDRIES organizations, delivered with the appropriate collaborated milestones and schedule - on time.
· Responsible for the staffing, recruiting and insuring the talent development of a diverse CMP Module organization is met to fit the needs of the organization.
· Responsible for the transfer of new technology to our Fab8 operation groups.
· BS with 8 years of experience, MS with 7 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience
· 10- 15 years relevant CMP technology and semiconductor industry experience with the proper depth and breadth of the following skill sets:
· Chemical Mechanical Polishing
· Broad overall semiconductor process knowledge base.
· 300mm experience.
· High volume manufacturing/ start up experience.
· Technology transfer and module/process development experience.
· Demonstrated high level of management and team mentoring.
· PhD in related technical fields.
· 15- 20 years relevant semiconductor industry experience.
· The skills to provide solutions within the framework of a permanent business process.
· Strong statistical and analytic skills (e.g., 6 sigma).
· Strong financial acumen with ability to apply cost and savings to all work (e.g., CoO).
· Successfully organizing, leading and mentoring teams in technology transfer, module development, high volume manufacturing or a combination of.
· Ability to articulate and collaborate successfully with ease across all levels of a diverse global organization internally and externally while representing professionally the values and image of the company.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Able to anticipate shifting priorities to meet/exceed business needs.
· Ability to organize and operate in the chaos of a start up with proven success.
· Proven project management skills and ability to deliver ahead of schedule.
· Ability to plan, schedule and execute projects.
· To set and deliver expected and scheduled project milestones on time.
· An ability to provide creative solutions to neutralize the normal but unexpected technical obstacles along the way without impacting the overall milestones of the project.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES offers a broad range of manufacturing capabilities, from the very leading edge of process technology to more mature,...