W R Systems, LTD has an immediate need for a CMS Lead Technician at our customer site in Virginia Beach, VA to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems in a fast-paced rapid-prototyping environment. This is an extremely challenging, exciting and rewarding technical position supporting our NAVSEA CMS customers on the Dam Neck Base in Virginia Beach, VA. Essential duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
The selected candidate supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; good citizenship.
- Follows direction on layout and assembly procedures from supervisor on design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Performs mechanical assembly and integration of equipment according to procedures.
- Performs standard and custom Military and Commercial connectorization.
- Under direction of senior personnel, sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Maintains and continuously seeks improvements upon working environment/lab for maximum efficiency, quality, cleanliness, and capabilities.
- Reviews assembly procedures as required and resolves technical problems with supervisor.
- Provides input and feedback for assembly procedures and other technical documentation
- Populates printed circuit boards with through-hole and SMT components to 2M standards.
- Analyzes, interprets and presents test data, performs repairs and troubleshoots as necessary.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Keeps technical notes and updates EDM documentation to describe deviations from design specifications.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Conducts 2M repairs and assembly at customer site.
- Performs required field changes, preventive maintenance, and software updates.
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs.
Must possess good communications skills, ability to perform multiple tasks, self-management skills, decision making skills, travel and work independently and be teamwork orientated.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, & Excel.
Years of experience required
4-6 years progressive experience as a 2M technician in a related electronics field.
Years of education required
Associates degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or completion of formal resident trade school or apprentice program in electronics, or completion of at least (2) US Navy “C” Schools in electronic equipment or systems.
Secret Security Clearance required
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sectors since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with a competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran