Position Summary: Cares for the residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a LPN/LVN. This position reports to the Director of Assisted Living.
- Takes and records vital signs.
- Measures and records height and weight. Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
- Transfers, positions and turns residents.
- Provides skin care.
- Contributes to the resident’s assessment and the plan of care.
- Provides nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing services.
- Cares for residents with dementia.
- Follows the schedule of resident’s needs set out by supervisor.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Promotes and protects resident rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, protects resident’s personal belongings, reports suspected abuse or neglect, avoids the need for physical restraints in accordance with the current professional standards and, supports independent expression, choice and decision-making consistent with applicable law and regulation.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
- Respects residents’ confidentiality.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Understands duties during a fire drill and is familiar with evacuation plan.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a CNA licensure
- Potential Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens:
- This position may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue, requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Gloves should be worn for any contact with blood or body fluids/tissues. Gowns, masks, or eye covering may be needed if it is likely that soiling or splattering of blood may occur.
- To reduce the risk of exposure to blood, body fluid, or tissue adherence to Standard Precaution is necessary. In the event of accidental exposure to potentially infectious blood or body fluids/tissues, appropriate medical evaluation and follow-up is available as outlined in the community exposure control plan located in every department.
- It is the policy of this community to adopt work practices that will minimize health risks resulting from occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infected materials.
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel |______|______|______|__x___|
Reach with hands and arms |______|______|______|__x___|
Climb or balance |___x__|______|______|______|
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl |______|__x___|______|______|
Talk or hear |______|______|______|__x___|
Taste or smell |______|__x___|______|______|
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following manner:
None Under 1/3 to Over
1/3 2/3 2/3
Up to 10 pounds |______|______|__x___|______|
Up to 25 pounds |______|___x__|______|______|
Up to 50 pounds |______|___x__|______|______|
Up to 100 pounds |__x___|______|______|______|
More than 100 pounds |__x___|______|______|______|
Senior Lifestyle Corporation - 7 months ago