Performs various direct patient care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Assists patients in dressing or undressing, bathing, or eating. Collects non-invasive body fluid specimens or gathers vital signs but does not start or administer intravenous fluids. Aids physicians and nursing staff members with procedures if needed. Documents patient interactions as needed. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a registered nurse or manager. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED required
2. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) required.
3. 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred.
4. BLS Required. Current AHA Healthcare provider, American Red Cross, AHA Health Saver or KMC BLS within 60 days of hire.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Frequent stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing heavy stretchers and other equipment.
- Frequent moving, transferring and positioning of patients with and/or without assistance.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.