The CNC Application Engineer oversees the technical processing of product manufactured in the plant and interacts with engineering, operations and operators to develop processes that meet both internal and external requirements. The methods produced must be capable of producing the product at the lowest cost level possible and be repeatable to ensure continued success from operator to operator.
- Set-up and program CNC machines from simple 2-axis lathe to multi-tasking turn-mill centers and 3-axis to 5-axis mills,
- Work with vendors to develop work holding and tooling designs,
- Develop and implement new/improved manufacturing technologies for the areas assigned,
- Interface with Product engineering regarding design and process improvements that lead to improved cycle times and capacity,
- Develop cycle time improvements in metal-removal applications (milling/drilling/grinding/honing),
- Support machining operations, including creating routings and process documentation for manufacturing components,
- Create, edit and optimize programs for CNC turning and machining centers,
- Troubleshoot production and quality issues and implement solutions
sologig - 18 months ago
The Franklin Company was established in 1958 to help local, regional and Fortune 500 companies with professional and technical placements...