Operates CNC brake press, manual brake press, and hydraulic/mechanical punch press (all types), hand tools and other Press Room equipment as directed. Work independently with minimal direction from Leadperson/Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
· May be required to concurrently run multiple machine centers.
· Ability to set up machine to produce parts that meet engineering specifications.
· Load machine as required in accordance with shop orders.
· Activate and observe machine operation to detect work-piece defects or machine malfunction.
· Measure work-piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
· Edit program as required to compensate to produce brake press operations that meet engineering specifications.
· Remove flashing, burrs, and sharp edges from work piece and perform other additional operations at CNC work center that will reduce shop flow.
· May be required to maintain cutting tool inserts and replace/repair tools as necessary to assure machine operation.
· Machine and work area must be kept clean.
· Requires the use of and ownership of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list relating specifically to brake press operations.
· Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Lead-person or Supervisor.
· Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities. May be required to train and assist other employees.
· Other duties as assigned by Leadperson /Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Must have CNC brake press experience. Three to five plus years of brake press specific job experience is required; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Only applicants presently legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis need apply. No immigration sponsorship available at this time.
TO APPLY: Please click the link below and e-mail your resume and desired / most recent salary to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the name of the job you are applying for in the title of the e-mail.
Contact Human Resources