Chippewa Valley Technical College
Business Education Center, Manufacturing Education Center
Full Time or Part Time
Union or Non-Union
Salary and Level OR Rate and Grade
Salary based upon Faculty Salary Schedule
Projected Start Date
Hours Per Week
Full-time, salaried position.
Scheduled hours will vary each semester. Flexibility in schedule including availability for day, evening, weekend or summer assignments at various locations as appropriate. This position may be involved with providing business and industry training and technical assistance.
If faculty position, indicate type of contract
Health and dental insurance for family members
Life and long-term disability insurance
Wisconsin Retirement System
403(B) tax deferred annuity program
457 deferred compensation plan
Section 125 flexible spending accounts
Paid holidays, personal and sick leave
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for increasing student learning through developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college activities. Competencies and tasks of these positions will be met consistent with the educational principles of the college, which focus on meeting the learning needs of students.
Provide instruction for the Welding / Welding Fabrication Technical Diploma program. Instruction includes welding fundamentals, fabrication, welding and fabrication safety, material handling, advanced fabrication processes, and CNC equipment:
1. Provide CNC fabrication and welding instruction to students.
2. Assist in the design, writing, and implementation of performance based curriculum and course delivery strategies.
3. Manage a classroom, CNC equipment and fabrication / welding lab effectively.
4. Maintain positive relations with the external community and assist in the recruitment of students.
5. Work in a team environment with the ability to support a cohesive departmental atmosphere. Activities include reaching consensus at team meetings; developing a budget, curriculum and delivery method decisions; assist with scheduling classes; managing labs; and being involved with College-wide activities.
6. Ability to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
7. Portray a positive attitude towards the student in a success oriented learning environment.
8. This position may involve day, evening and weekend classes on and off campus and via distance education. This position may be involved with on/off campus business and industry training. Travel between campuses may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Setup and operation of CNC fabrication equipment
Welding / fabrication processes to include:
Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools
Verify quality conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences
AutoCAD / Solidworks applications of part design and specifications
Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes, and other material handling support equipment
Training and Experience
Ability to meet the certification requirements of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS):
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with education or training preparing a person for the occupational area being taught. Work experience combined with education and training totaling seven years (14,000 hours) shall be equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree for the purpose of WTCS certification. Each academic credit or equivalent credit shall be equal to 110 hours of occupational experience.
Minimum of two years’ work experience in the occupational area. Appropriate occupational experience can be found on the following webpage: http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/certification/occexp/442-31-1.doc
This experience must represent a variety of activities as represented in the curriculum of the program.
1. Preferred technical experience in:
– CNC Fabrication equipment operation – 5 years
– Welding / Fabrication – 5 years
– Blueprint reading
– AutoCAD / Solidworks experience
2. Prior training/teaching experience preferred.
This position will be working with a program for manufacturing and industrial workforce application. Standing, lifting, and motions associated with material handling, material positioning, and welding in multiple positions will be required. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Unique College Requirements
This position requires that a Bachelor’s degree be obtained within five years from the date of employment (if not already obtained).
Must pass a performance assessment in the areas of CNC operation, fabrication, and welding
To apply, please visit: https://cvtc.peopleadmin.com/postings/683
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies:
Equal Opportunity Officer, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6382
Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
Chippewa Valley Technical College will be a dynamic community partner dedicated to adding value through learning and student success.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Chippewa Valley Technical College - 12 months ago