The CNC Machine Operator is responsible for the execution of CNC Machine Tool Operations. The setups of fixtures, jigs, spoil boards, and tooling to perform the machining operations. This includes making complex cuts using the specified tooling and materials as directed by management and the applications programmer.
• Cuts, shapes, and does boring, counter boring, counter sinking operations in lumber and other nonferrous materials to job specifications.
• Prepares spoil boards for use and manages the process to determine when they are to be changed and replaced.
• Touches off tools and enters registration in the CNC control to machine the programs to meet customer specifications, in a safe condition and prevents property damage.
• Changes tools and properly collects tooling for safety to protect employee and company assets.
• Utilizes tools touch probes, calibration programs, and height gages to set machine tools for tool changes and cutting processes
• Storages programming files and is responsible for file management.
• Checks processed lumber to ensure operation is producing to required job specifications.
• Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
• Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
• Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintains production records as required.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
• Performs minor preventive maintenance as specified.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school education.
• Minimum of 1 year of CNC machine tool experience; focus on FANUC controlled driven CNC machine is preferred.
• Working knowledge of mathematical functions.
• Working knowledge of Cartesian coordinate graphic systems.
• Must be able to understand and interpret the various Machine Code for FANUC controlled based CNC machines.
• Working knowledge of computer equipment.
Skills and abilities
• Ability to work in a safe manner
• Ability to recognize quality of material
• Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
• Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
• Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
• Ability to pay attention to surroundings
• Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
• Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
• Ability to read a tape measure, read blue prints or plans, and to utilize calipers and measuring gauges in both metric and standard systems
• Ability to understand Cartesian coordinate graphic systems
• Ability to use basic mathematical computations
• Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
• Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures
• Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
• Ability to work under immediate supervision
• Ability to pass a drug test
• Ability to work hours mandated by management
• Safety conscious
• Team player and goal oriented
• Open to change and positive attitude
• Committed to plant and company goals
• Participates in Safety and CI programs
• Punctual and reliable
• Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Universal Forest Products Inc - 8 months ago